Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 13 January 2013

Not Much Progress on Martha Salter

I'm sorry to report that I've made very little progress on Martha Salter.  We spent much of the last weekend and past week taking down the Christmas tree and decorations, and trying to get the house looking presentable.  And most of my stitching time this week was devoted to a reproduction sampler model that I'm trying to finish in time for an upcoming needlework market.

I did do a little stitching on Martha, but part of that was spent unstitching and re-stitching.  I realized that I'd used dark blue on some of the satin stitches, but it was supposed to be done in the lighter blue.  But since I love satin stitch, I didn't mind.

(I was going to post a progress pic here, but for some strange reason, there I do not see an option to upload from my computer!  The only options are these:  from this blog, from picasaweb album, from phone, from webcam, or from URL.  I know I uploaded my previous pic from my computer.  Hmmmm.) 

Anyway, since I decided to make Martha a Sunday project, I'm hoping today to finish most, if not all of the remaining cross stitching in the current band.  Then I'll be able to look forward to the satin stitching next Sunday.

I'm amazed at how much progress everybody else is making on their samplers!

Peace & Love, Fran

5 comments:

Nicola said...

I think that in the last week there have been lots of problems uploading photos with blogger. I believe it might be to do with the browser you are using.

You should have better luck with Chrome.

C Street Samplerworks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C Street Samplerworks said...

That's probably it, Nicola. I'm using IE 8, because I hate 9, and I really don't want to use Chrome, either.

At first I thought it might be the difference between the old & new blogspot templates. My blog is on an old template. But I tried adding a pic to my blog today and encountered the same problem.

I can get around this by putting pics in my Picturetrail album, and then I can add them to the blogs via a URL. But I suppose eventually I'll have to give in to Chrome. ;o)

(I wanted to edit my first comment, but couldn't find a place to do it, so I had to delete it and post a revised one.)

Vera said...

That is the same problem I encountered the other night when posting. I finally added pictures to a Picassa album and then was able to add them. It's frustrating/annoying how it seems different every time I get on the computer...but I suppose a lot of that has to do with being new to blogging.

Angela Cruz-garcia said...

I have run into the same problem. I do not yet know why but if you click on HTLM next to compose, upload your picture(s)then click on compose after uploading you can find the pictures on your computer. I have not tried Chrome and Foxfire will not even let me into blogger.

Good luck.