Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

New Years WIP Dorothy Walpole

Well, I have managed to get some more done on Dorothy over the past weekend and into the New Year. I am stitching her on 36 count linen, with DMC, 2 over 2. I think she is coming along very nicely, and I love the colors. I am having fun doing the specialty stitches, but am a little worried over the upcoming Queen Stitch, as there are a lot in a row, and I am not very confident on doing those. Hope everyone is having a happy New Years Day.







Nikki

6 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

This is such a pretty sampler, each time I see it being stitched I like it even more.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love these colours.
The only advice I'd give on the Queen's Stitches is to use 1 thread rather than 2, mine always look better with one.

Nicola said...

You are making good progress Nikki. Queen stitches are funny ones but when they "click" you will be well away.

Ellen said...

Great progress!

I am worried about the Queen Stitches too. I tried with the silk and they did not looked good. I may switch to 1 strain of DMC floss for these stitches.

Hugs,

Krista said...

Dorothy is looking so pretty, love it in the DMC.

Lanie said...

So pretty, Nikki!

Good luck with the specialty stitches. I always think of the young girls practicing these stitches on the samplers they were creating. A little daunting to start, but so rewarding when you finally get it right!