Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 23 January 2013

My Start - Dorcas Haynes

Hello fellow stitchers, and a big thank you to Nicola and Jo for setting up the Scarlet Letter Challenge.  I am so thrilled to be a part of it.  I decided before Christmas that my sampler would be Dorcas Haynes, and that I would finally take the plunge and stitch her in silks (tips welcome)!

 
 
Here she is having arrived in the New Year, all ready to go, but as I am working hard on my Blue Ribbon Sampler, she will have to wait a little longer before I start her.  I am very excited that she is a mixture of stitches, although not looking forward to the eyelet alphabet!  Love reading about everyone's progress, it's been a huge inspiration, thank you all.
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

HollyXSing said...

I love Dorcas Haynes! She is on my wish list....one of these days...

So many samplers, so little time;)

-Holly in VA

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

I say the name Dorcas Haynes with reverence. She is stunning.

Several Guild members have worked this sampler and each one has been breath taking.

Darlene O'Steen's book 'The Proper Stitch" is still available and would be your best help. She was the first to reproduce this gorgeous sampler. I have a working copy of Darlene's book on my desk.

Dawn said...

What a beautiful pile of threads! You have chosen a great sampler for your next project.

Nicola said...

I have Dorcas all kitted up just need the time to stitch her. I am looking forward to seeing lots of progress photos as she grows.

Kathy said...

What a beautiful display of your new sampler, fabric and especially those yummy silks. This looks to be another bright and cheerful project. Have fun!!

Lanie said...

I have always admired Dorcas. Your silks look beautiful. This looks like a really enjoyable project. Can't wait to follow your progress.

Enjoy!

EvalinaMaria said...

She looks ready!

Kerri said...

I say jump right in. She is really a pretty girl and such cheerful colors.

My advice when working with silks - good hand lotion and manicures. Use a really good quality needle. I prefer the Bohin 28 and toss them when I think they are fraying the threads or I manage to squish the eye. Many ONS have them in bulk. Other than that enjoy yourself!

Ms Divers said...

Thank you all for the tips, I am itching to start now!

Fiona said...

Another sampler to add to my wish list. Enjoy working with silks, I love using them. I use petite 28 needles.