Good Morning! This past Friday, I received my fat half of cream colored Edinburgh linen! Saturday morning bright and early, I cut my linen to size and pressed it! Saturday, I started stitching away on Miss Emma!
First, I decided to "rough" in the external border by doing half stitches and crossing at the ten count. After a little bit of frogging, my border lined up in the end! That brings a big smile to my face. For those of you who have not started this one, there are plenty of inconsistencies in the border count! That is what I love about reproducing old samplers! I like to stitch it exactly how it was created! But having said that, you must not get caught up in the "rythymn" of the piece...Follow the chart!
Once I had accomplished that, I filled in the upper left hand corner of the border to get a sense of how the rest was going to go!
Here is a picture as of Sunday afternoon:
I am enjoying Miss Emma!
Until next time,