Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 21 January 2013

I didn`t have it figured out...

I swear, I am getting neurotic in my old age! I found my Mary Moyse sampler, got ready to stitch, read the pattern....unh-oh, the first section is stitched over three threads! I am using cotton floss, and it says to use 2 strands. The linen is 40 ct. Seems like it is going to be a tight squeeze to me. Not wanting to deal with stitching a sample to see how it will look, I dug out another SL sampler, Hannah Canting. Surprise, it was already started. So that is what I am stitching on at the moment. When I have a bit of progress I will take some pics.

4 comments:

Nicola said...

Now why have I not seen Hannah before. I think TSL web site is magical, the more you look the more you see.

Looking forward to seeing some progress photo.

~mj~ said...

Hannah is one of a set of three samplers that come in one package...maybe that`s why you didn`t see her? I have a fascination with all the Hayle samplers...it`s hard to choose which to work on first!

Fiona said...

I plan on stitching on 40ct too,but was only going to use a single thread as I think 2 would be too bulky. Lookiing forward to seeing your progress on Hannah.

Tommye said...

I would also only use 1 strand on 40 count. I'm doing Margret Gatis which is stitched over 2 in some areas and over 3 in others. One strand is used throughout. And it is a little sparse in the over 3 sections, but it gives a different textured effect that I like.