Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 5 January 2013

I am really excited and pleased

My DH gave me Elizabeth Brain for Christmas as he really likes it. As you know, I am knew to all of this stitching and so it is a wee bit daunting to tackle this - especially as I have to learn new stitches and I thought it would be really helpful to see the original work which is in the V & A museum in London but not currently on display. I phoned the V & A yesterday to ask if I could see the sampler. The answer was yes...but not until the autumn as they are currently moving the textile department. I am so excited to know that I can see it. So, this sampler might have to wait until then before I start it. In the meantime I can practice some stitches and work on other Scarlet Letter samplers. I want to run before I walk when I see the lovely samplers folk are working on but aren't quite within my skill level...yet!

5 comments:

Nicola said...

Oh Elizabeth how wonderful to be able to see the original.

Nothing ventured nothing gained good for you ringing the V & A.

Mindi said...

Wow, what an interesting sampler and such a treat to be able to see it at the V&A.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Good for you Elizabeth, very enterprising.

Lanie said...

Wow, Elizabeth, what a special opportunity! You have chosen a beautiful sampler!

samplerlover said...

Oh you lucky thing. Love this one. Have always loved this one after seeing it on the cover of the book Samplers in the V&A.