Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 17 January 2013

Hit a wall

Just a quick up date... Working on Ann Medd and hit a wall...As much as I love this sampler I just can't bring myself to stitch all the over 1 in the last section... especially since I am stitching her on 40 ct....  now I don't mind small amounts of over 1 but geez this is so much... so now I am deciding do I stitch it over 2 or do I make this my own and so something entirely different in its place...So until I decide I am working on trying to finish Dutch Beauty.  By that time I should be able to decide what I want to do with Ann and if not.. then either Rebecca Robertson or Elizabeth Sheffield will become my SAL project... any opinions from all of you are certainly welcome to assist me in making my choice.

9 comments:

HollyXSing said...

Hey, KB!

That over one is a killer!

Go for Rebecca Robinson! Ever since I saw Margaret's...it have been on my wish list!

Happy Stitches and Happy Retirement for you!

-Holly in VA

Deb said...

KB - I did mine two over two so I say go for it. I couldn't imagine doing all that over one. The stitches were divisible by two so that's what I did. Sometimes I think that we have to take a few liberties to finish up these pieces. Over one takes so long to do! I think that I have some closeups on my blog (threadgatherer.blogspot) and you can see what I did. Just hit the link on my side bar for Ann Medd.

Dona said...

Over one often stops me in tracks, too! Maybe you do just one thread on the over one every day or every week. Your other options sound good, too!

Nicola said...

I took Deb's advice and stitched her over two in the pictorial section. It worked perfectly.

If you would like to see a close up have a look at my personal blog Stitching by a Cornish Seashore, you can find posts about her via the labels tag.

Krista said...

I don't blame you Karen. I can't imagine that much over one! Sometimes we must take a shortcut for our own peace of mind :)

KB said...

thanks Deb and Nicola.. I checked out your pics and see that stitching over 2 does work perfectly.. Oh happy Day!!!! thank you so much.. this gives me a renewed energy to get this little girl finished...Golly I can not imagine being just 10 years old and doing all that over 1.. makes me wonder what was she thinking.

Kim Hummel said...

I am doing that section over 2--it is still taking me f-o-r-e-v-e-r... I am so ready to be done with it.
I say, go for the over 2

Scarlet Letter said...

You could try using tent stitch over one, rather than the full cross...

Stitch Wizard said...

I personally don't really enjoy the over 1 stitching either but I am doing it on Elizabeth Sheffied and I must say there is quite a bit of it o this project too. I don't regret getting it though and I just love this project so much but I wanted to let you know. I just finished the strawberry band it it was all over 1. I much prefer doing over 2 but this one is worth the effort to me to do it.