Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 28 January 2013

Has this happened to you?

I was just stitching along on the over one part of my Emma Miles Sampler when I realized I used the wrong color for my Adam and Eve!  I checked my Floss-a-way bags and sure enough...2611 was in 2612 bag and 2612 was in 2611 bag!  YIKES!

If there is one thing a strongly dislike it is frogging over one! Plus, I had already stitched other areas of the sampler with the wrong AVAS thread color.  At least that part is over two and I will clean that up later!

So, I picked the over one wrong color out and put in the correct color!  So, here is a picture of the area I was wrestling with:


Well, I am glad that is over!

Back to going in the right direction,

-Holly in VA

Edited to add labels

15 comments:

Inguna said...

Ohh, how unpleasant when it happens! You are very brave! I probably would have left the wrong color in, unless it is too different.

Lanie said...

Not fun! But I'm happy you are now on the right track again. Your Emma is lovely and hope you are enjoying her.

Angela Cruz-Garcia said...

This has happened to me as well. It is very frustrating. Very nice work though.

Fiona said...

Had that happen to me before to. If I had used the same colour on all the other bits, I would just have left it alone and carried on doing it the wrong way.

Jean P said...

Sorry to hear of your frog visit. I'm still completing the border so have a way to go before I do the over 1 part.

Deb said...

Oh goodness, picking out over one has to be about the worse thing (ask me how I know!!). It's so frustrating. Hoping that it's clear stitching from here.

Ellen said...

Oh poor Holly! Yes, the same thing happened to me once. I still don't know how the threads got in the wrong bags! Maybe that pesky frog was leaping into the bags and moving the threads when I wasn't around.

Nicola said...

I feel for you unpicking the over one but it is done now and you are back on your way.

Kathy said...

I think this has happened to each of us at some time or other. I know it has with me! So sorry you had to go through it, but Emma sure is looking good.

KB said...

Glad to hear you are back on track. I would have left it.. no one but you would know that it is the wrong color. Emma is looking great and you are really moving along can't wait to see more

Cindy L said...

Holly, you did a lovely job fixing the piece. We all share your anguish over frogging especially over one.

Leona S said...

Holly, Oh my goodness. After just completing the over one sections on my Emma Miles, I would have been devastated and if it looked ok, it would have stayed. Well done on your perseverance. Emma looks beautiful.

Donna said...

Holly your Emma looks great and yes I've been there with the wrong color and this reminds me of stitching an entire sampler on the wrong side of the hand painted fabric :)

HollyXSing said...

Donna! I remember so well the stitching on the wrong side of the painted fabric!

Yeesch!

-Holly

Dona said...

Pulling out over one stitches is absolutely not fun! I so love this sampler. This closeup is a very sweet part of the sampler.