Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Happy New Year!!!!
May we all find lots of stitching time to complete our projects. 

Update on the blue flower for Rachel Ayres:  coming along nicely, although after counting out the threads between the leaves and the gold border line it seems I have stitched too close to the border.  Previously, I would have been devastated by this complication - but now I just roll with it.  I have already made adjustments to the leaf on the left to compensate and it will be just fine.


The main thing about this sampler is there is so much over one stitching!  It takes 2-4 times longer just to complete one motif than if being stitched over two threads.  Also the placement of all the motifs is a bit tricksy, since they are charted separately from the main chart.



Here is the latest progress pic of the entire sampler thus far:


I have yet to add any satin stitching as I usually leave it for last to avoid any snagging or pilling of the stitches.  There will be a sawtooth row of it below the alphabet, as well as on the roof of the house and the grass in front of the house.


I also have made some progress on Ann Dale, although it is a bit of a slow going as I promised myself I would not begin the large bottom portion until  I completed the wording and all other stitching up to that point.

Ann Dale, as of 1/2//2013



 It is my last day of vacation, so I will have to
find time for every opportunity to stitch!

Delfi

7 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Those colours just jump off the screen, they are so vibrant. It's quite a contrast in colours between the two samplers - I tend to be drawn towards strong colours.

Stitch Wizard said...

Your work is just beautiful on your sampler and I am so glad you have been able to make it work out so close to your border. That blue flower is really pretty as is your stitching!! My sampler,Elizabeth Sheffield has these shades of blue and I just love them too! It will be nice watching your progress.

woolwoman said...

OMGosh - beautiful progress on both! Good for you for compensating on Rachel - Happy New Year ! melody

Elizabeth said...

Both samplers are stunning - hope you managed to get a lot of stitching done today.

That's a good tip about leaving satin stitch until last - I will remember that!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

So Beautiful!

Love watching this one come along.

Ann Dale looks great too.

Kathy said...

I love this sampler. The colors are just so bright and cheerful and your stitching looks very good. Great job you're doing on both samplers.

pamina said...

Woaw, beautiful samplers and progress !