Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

February's Monthly Draw

Hyers wood Spool Caddy

As February is my "special" month I wanted the prize to be something that was very special to me. Pride of place next to my sewing chair sits my spool caddy. Richard stopped taking orders for his custom made sewing furniture in September due to illness but very kindly agreed to make another one for me with a scarlet cushion (of course!) for this challenge.



Hyers wood Spool Caddy


I was so excited this morning to receive a photo of the finished caddy (photo 1). Richard is a gifted craftsman and has done an excellent job. He is recovering from his illness and hopes to be taking orders in the next few months so keep I eye on his web site. Hyerswood.com

Hyers wood Spool Cabinet



This spool cabinet is on my wish list (take note Ray if you are reading this).

February is a good month for prizes . Ann at Beadlework has very generously donated to the monthly prizes a brand new Emma Miles chart and a gorgeous Impie, Hattie and Bea work book with a few surprises inside. 






Good luck everyone remember to post to qualify for the draw and keep a look out in February for some pop up prizes to be won but watch carefully as they can appear on either blog 1 or 2 so you need to follow both not to miss out.

20 comments:

Lelia said...

Indeed, February will be a special month ; )

Lanie said...

Oh my, this is a lovely prize!

Deb said...

That is such a wonderful prize. I've had my eyes on it since you first posted it. I love the wood that it's made out of!

HollyXSing said...

Wow, what a stunning pioze! If I don't win, I will watch Richard's website to open up for orders! I will be making one!

-Holly in VA

Stitch Wizard said...

These prizes are to die for!! Wow how beautiful they all are! I am going to get a post in for Elizabeth Sheffield and Jane Atkinson hopefully as well!! Beautiful beautiful stitching treasures for sure!

Elaine said...

what a stunning prize! Thank you for being so generous

Elizabeth said...

What a lovely prize Nicola - a real celebration of your birthday.

Kaisievic said...

Oooh, you and we all are having so much fun with this, aren't we? Happy Birthday month to you, Nicola. I love that spool caddy and have all my fingers and toes crossed that I might be the lucky one!

Merry Wind Farm said...

I went to Richard's website and he certainly does beautiful work. I hope he feels better soon.
Melinda

Kathy said...

What a beautiful prize February will bring. I have everything crossed.....arms, legs, fingers, even crossed my eyes, lol, in hopes of winning!

Oh! happy day for someone!!!!

GerriG said...

A new follower! Very excited to follow your blog!

dq said...

beautiful and stunning prize!
dq bogfairy@yahoo.com

Vera said...

What a fabulous prize Nicola -- over the top for sure!!

Faye said...

We are all so excited just thinking about it!!!!! They are wonderful!!!

Carolyn Boutilier said...

what a beautiful spool caddy to add to my collection of antique sewing tools. Would love to win this prize.
Carolyn Boutilier

Roberta said...

Well, your birthday month is just a few weeks away. I am away for 2 weeks and will return to my SL piece when I get home. Just love this spool caddy, it is just gorgeous. Also, love Emma Miles and the work book, that is also a wonderful prize.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Ohhhh Both the caddy and the spool cabinet are true crafted works of art!

(pssss hope Ray is reading the post)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a beautiful piece of workmanship, the fabric is a perfect choice too.

Ellen said...

Wow, what a wonderful caddy! I love it!! You are very generous, and Richard is indeed very talented. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the drawing.

Fiona said...

What a fantastic giveaway. Good Luck everyone.