Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Evalina's update

I've been stitching! Both my WIPs got my attention lately:

C.1800 Pincushion

M. Quertier 1799

To tell you the truth I enjoy stitching pincushion much more than stitching my black quacker... I think that black isn't my favorite colour for the quacker. While stitching it I have thoughts of mourning, cemeteries, funerals etc.  It's funny, just last October I finished a Hallowween piece

6 comments:

Lanie said...

Both projects are looking terrific, Evalina! I'm sorry you are having dark thoughts while stitching M. Quertier but I think it is looking quite stunning in black!

Deb said...

Both pieces look wonderful!! I love M. Quertier in black but I can imagine that it would bring those thoughts. Is there a place where you could put a bit of red into the sampler. I did one years ago that was a very dark blue (almost black) and I added a little red and it gave it a little interest and broke up all the black.

Nicola said...

Hopefully the beautiful gold in the pin cushion will be some sunshine to dispel the black.

Krista said...

The detail work on the pincushion is quite amazing! I can imagine working with the black can do that, perhaps like Deb suggested add a pop of color? I am working on Ann Grimshaw and also a Vierlande sampler, both primarily a one-color design, and while it is easy to keep going since there is no need to think of switching colors or looking at many symbols on the pattern, the one color can get monotonous at times. So I plan to add some color somewhere to mine.

Vera said...

Evalina, your progress on Pincushion is tempting me to pack that one up in a couple of weeks when I need to travel. It is so pretty.

Fiona said...

Great progress on both projects. I don't think I would like the black either.