Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Emma Miles 1848 - A delayed start!

Happy 2013! Wow, 2012 was gone in a flash!

Well, the plan was to start Emma Miles 1848 Sampler today for Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year SAL. I have the chart and I have the silks. My only thing left was to pick my linen from my vast stash.....Well, my stash wasn't as vast as I hoped! I love sitiching on 36 count fabric and I had hope the "right" linen would be in there....I have tons of Lakeside Linen from Theresa's Linen of the month club from years back. The only problem was all I have is fat quarters and I need a fat half to do Emma on 36 count.

Plan B, was to find some 40 count that might work. I could possibley use a fat quarter on 40 count. Alas, I just didn't have the right color linen I was hoping for.

In the picture below, I have put a light cream color 32 cout linen...I am going to buy a large piece of 36 count light cream colored linen. I like how that looks. So, I will be shopping for a fat half of Edinborough.

I hope this isn't an indication on how my 2013 is going to be!

Anyways, Happy New Year!  May all your stitches be happy ones!

-Holly in Viriginia

3 comments:

Nicola said...

I love Edinburgh linen, it is one that is readily available in the UK.

Emma is such a gorgeous sampler that it will be worth the wait to get everything just so.

Donna said...

Holly your little fabric dilema happens to me all the time I never have the color or count when I want it..I think the 36 edinburgh will look lovely

Kathy said...

Holly,

I hate that this happened to you, but you've made the right decision to order more fabric if you weren't happy with what you had on hand. Too much work will go into this one not to be satisfied with it. I changed the fabric color I was originally going to stitch her on and finally went with vintage Lentil. I think this gives more of an aged look which is what I wanted. I love your color choice too and I love Edinborough linen.

Let us know when you do get Emma started.