This week I have two Scarlet Letter Samplers to report on. The first, us usual, is SDW. Week 13 of our SAL, sees the wirly gig motif finished, the chapel progessed, with some colouring in, and some foliage added. I LOVE THIS SAMPLER more and more as each motif reveals itself.
Russian Red Rooster
The other Scarlet Letter I started a couple of weeks ago was my Russian Red Rooster. This is my mobile project, which I will only work on when I have time on my hands ( like that happens), but I have managed to get some done, whilst minding the shop (oh so busy, thanks to the weather!) and at a rehearsal, that I actually was not needed at (but husband was). So in total this is about 5 hours stitching. I love the simplicity of this sampler. It is so naive in it's motifs. The two colours are perfect together. I have never worked with so few colours before.
I have corrected some of the dividing bands as I have gone along, as there are a couple of places where they go out of sync. That bothered me!