Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 25 January 2013

Dorothy Walpole Progress 2

Hi everyone, here is my 2nd progress on Dorothy. I have been stitching her diligently. I conquered my worries over the Queen Stitches and had my row done, hooray!


A closer look at the satin stitch alphabets, love them!


I just started on the 1 over 1 verse, the crosses are real tiny on 40ct. I only had two letters done so far ha ha! This section is going to be very slow moving!


I have been visiting this blog everyday and just love everyone's progress! My wish list is really growing, there are so many samplers I want to stitch!

Hugs,
Ellen

13 comments:

ilana kaye said...

Ellen, Your stitching is beautiful. I can't wait to see more.

Sharon H said...

She is beautiful - and, yes, the over one on 40 count is tedious and takes time, but it is sooooo worth it. I'm working Dorothy on 40 count as well and now that the over one section is completed, the rest of her is going to be nothing but fun!!

Krista said...

Beautiful, Ellen! I did not realize there were so many specialty stitches in Dorothy. Now I won't be so surprised when I get to it :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Beautiful work, the colours are shown to perfection with your choice of fabric. I smiled at what you said about your wishlist. I started off ordering two charts and now it's grown to an extra four - all of which I'm desperate to start.

Nicola said...

Dorothy is exquisite and I agree with Ann the colours against your fabric are perfection.

My TSL chart collection now outnumbers my handbag and shoe collection. LOL !

Carmen Sutton said...

I love it, this is one of my many favorits and yours is looking stunning!

Tommye said...

Wonderful work! And what a gorgeous piece. I am going to be in so much trouble if I keep following everyone's progress!

EvalinaMaria said...

It looks fabulous!

Kathy said...

Very pretty stitching...it looks fantastic!

Kim Hummel said...

I know what you mean about the wish list. Mine is growing every time I see a new WIP.
Great progress so far.

Nikki said...

Ellen, your Dorothy is coming along so beautifully. I am stitching her too, and decided to start over, as I was using 2 strands of DMC on 36ct linen and just did not like it. So I got 40ct this time and will use just 1 strand. Your queen stitches look great, I worry about them too.

Nikki

MarianneP said...

What a beautiful stitches!!!! Love your embroidery (and your scissors too...)

Fiona said...

Look fantastic, great progress. Dorothy surely has some beauitful colours.