Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Dorothy Walpole decision

I have been working on Dorothy Walpole for many weeks now on 36ct linen with 2 strands of DMC. I couldn't decide to use 1 or 2 strands of DMC, and thought I liked the look of 2 strands. Over this past weekend, I went back and worked some more on my Moria Blackburn Three Things Sampler. I am stitching that one on 40 ct with ONE strand of DMC, and I just love the way it looks. When I went back to work on Dorothy Walpole at noon today, I have decided to begin her all over again on 40ct with 1 strand of DMC !!!! I have never done this before; but if I continue with it as it is, I just won't be happy and might not ever finish it. I ordered my fabric today. Have any of you done this? This is how far I have gotten, and just am not happy with it. :(





Nikki

9 comments:

Krista said...

Wow, Nikki, you have gotten so far but you have to do what you think is right. I did a do over not long ago on my SDW sampler because I was not happy with the fabric and it was the best decision I could have made to enjoy the entire the project.

carolm said...

When working on 36ct with Dmc I prefer 1 thread; and if the coverage is not what I like. I just do a reversible stitch and so far this does work to my satisfaction .

Nicola said...

Oh Nikki it is never an easy choice.

Deb said...

If you're not happy with the way Dorothy is working out, then you definitely have to change it or you'll hate working on her. You'll be so happy that you did when she's finished.

Stitch Wizard said...

I chose 40 count fabric for my Elizabeth Sheffield and I always love stitching 40 ct with 1 strand. It is working out just as I had hoped it would. I agree that if you aren't happy with this, you should do it so that you ARE happy and want to go back to it. I have never had a second thought about my 1 thread over two on my project and I just know you will be happy with it. I am using DMC too.

KB said...

OH Nikki you are not alone.. I have done this sooooo many times... there for a while I was known as the restart queen among my friends... but here is my bottom line...if you are not happy and know you are not going to be able to enjoy your stitching journey... start over... for me it is as much about the journey as it is the finish...you need to enjoy what you are doing and you will be happier in the long run if you start over.. I am with you 1 over 2 on 40 ct all time fav!!!

Kathy said...

I think what you've done so far is gorgeous. But, I agree with you and everyone else that if you are not happy with it then by all means start over. Like KB said "it is as much about the journey as it is the finish".

Lelia said...

It is your project, and nope, I cannot recall starting over with a new size. I have pulled out a fiber that wasn't working out - but a whole new piece, nope.

In the photo, this looks very attractive. Sorry to read you are unhappy with it.

Fiona said...

I would do whatever made me happiest. You can always use the 36ct for something else.