Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 12 January 2013

Ann Scutt, Band 5



Band Five of Ann Scutt is stitched.



And here is her close-up.

Band Five would have made her debut earlier if I hadn't tried to stitch in less-than-optimal light last night and gone over one very thick thread in the linen instead of two threads as I should have. Reverse stitching went quite well in much better light today--but was no less painful despite that.

There are 18 numbered bands on this sampler, although Band 8 is repeated as a dividing band quite a few times. I'm still thinking I should finish Ann by the end of April.

And, I'm already starting to think of the next one. At the moment, Anne Lawle is the front runner. However, I do believe that I am going to reverse the positioning of the birds in the lacis section at the top of Anne Lawle when she's stitched. Even though it won't be the most accurate reproduction ever stitched, upside-down birds bother me.

7 comments:

Martha S said...

Great start-love the colors. I like the reverse stitching, I enjoyed doing that stitch. Look forward to seeing more pictures.

Ruth said...

Great start.

Nicola said...

You have made wonderful progress. I too set myself goals and find they keep my needle flying.

I would flip the birds on Ann Lawle. It would bother me for ever that they were upside down.

Laura said...

I love your work, all very beautiful.

Fiona said...

Love the colours in Band 5. Looking forward to watching your progress through the other bands.

HollyXSing said...

Wow, Ann! This is beautiful!

I can't wait to see band #6!

-Holly in VA

Jen Rawlins said...

Ann is looking gorgeous! Keep up the great work :)
Jen