Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 2 January 2013

AED 1746

I have designated Sundays in 2013 to be my Scarlet Letter days. I started a little early last Sunday and tried really hard to get the entire border done. But alas, there is more stitching in the bottom border than it seemed at first glance, so this is as far as I was able to get.
AED 1746

Isn't it pretty? There is no discernible pattern to the colors of the flower buds. I love how random they are! As a designer, we always want things symmetrical or in a pattern. This is delightful to me!
I ordered Sarah Willson, and when I received the chart and realized it is almost 500 stitches square I have to say I am feeling quite daunted! I just cannot start another BAP, so I put her aside for now and promised myself I will only start her if I finish AED and one of my languishing BAPs.  I really want to stitch her, so this is the perfect incentive for me to finish the others with Sarah waiting as a reward.

So I will keep calm and stitch on!
xx
~Annie

10 comments:

Brenda in WI said...

Yes Annie, Sarah Willson is huge. When I look at mine I am in awe. I have a lot done but so much more before it is finished. It is worth it though because it is beautiful.

Nikki said...

Beautiful start....wow, that is a lot to get done in one day. You must stitch a lot faster than I do.

Nikki

Dawn said...

A beautiful choice. You must have had a wonderful day to complete so many stitches.
Thank you for sharing! Very motivating.

Miss Pants said...

How pretty! I am not familiar with that one. But I love the alphabet at the top so far.

Lanie said...

Wow, Annie...great start! I love the colors on this one.

I started Sarah Willson about a year ago and put her aside for one reason or another...she is large but she's still one of my favorites and I hope to finish her one day...maybe during this "Challenge Year"?!!

Enjoy your "AED"!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Great progress Annie,

Love all the different colored berries or flower buds in the border.

Sarah Wilson is a challenge that I know you will enjoy too. What's one more BAP? I love the big girls.

Nicola said...

Sundays will be days to look forward to. There is nothing quite like having a whole day set aside to stitch away.

Wonderful stitching and progress.

EvalinaMaria said...

Well done! I love your Sundays idea and I think I will join you on that Sunday stitching :)

Mindi said...

Looking gorgeous and that's a lot of stitching for one day! I might have to add another chart to my wish list.

Kathy said...

I think this is a neat sampler and loved looking at your progress. You must have flying needles to get this much done in a day. You'll have this finished in no time at all. WTG!