Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

A Tiny Bit of Progress on PLL

Happy New Year Everyone!  Here is the small bit of progress I've managed on A Parrot, A Leopard, A Lion. 


Whew!  I am tired of gold.  This is almost the first page completed.  At the bottom of this section the large red flower begins...I may go down...if I go to the right, the Parrot will begin to take shape (but that way is a lot more gold and greens that I am so tired of).  Meanwhile, the stem needs to be filled in and there are 3 leaves on the left that are not outlined in black (thank you!!).  It takes so much time to do all this solid stitching, but I love the result when it is complete.

I think my photography skills need to improve.....

Meanwhile, it is a grey start to the New Year here in Pennsylvania.  I hope to do a bit more stitching on PLL, knit some on the sweater for my son (which will NOT be completed by the time he returns to Asia on Saturday...), maybe take a little nap and read some.  Read beans (a New Orleans dish) is simmering on the stove.  The next few days will be filled with more cooking than stitching as there are a number of dishes my son has requested while he is home.  It's all good.  I love to cook and love the fact that he has requested certain meals.

Here's hoping that the New Year brings peace,joy, laughter and plenty of stitching to all.




3 comments:

Nicola said...

That is so nice to be able to spoil your son while he is home, there is nothing like a Mother's cooking.

You have made awesome progress on PLL. Congratulations.

Jon Lee said...

I love the PLL sampler. The gold color is quite lovely. I love having my son home as well. It is a sunny, but very cold, day here in Illinois. Looking forward to watching your progress on PLL.

Kathy said...

Beautiful start and beautiful colors!!