Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

A Start on Ann

Hi Everyone!  I have finally started my Ann Grimshaw this evening :)
I have decided to use a mocha color, dmc 3781, on 32ct cream Sienna linen.  I have never stitched on this linen before but it has a beautiful texture.  I also plan to add some splashes of color to it as well.
Ann Grimshaw 1818

Since I had a long holiday weekend, I also spent some time on SDW.  This one I am stitching with dmc on 36ct flax Edinborough linen.  Now that I have gotten used to stitching on 36ct the 32ct seems so BIG! :)  

SDW Sampler

I also will be doing the mini-SAL of the Manifesto... I think I will need more days in my week!!  lol!
It has been great to see all of your updates.   They are all so inspiring!  

Krista  xx


14 comments:

Vera said...

Your SDW is beautiful! Each time I see this sampler in progress I am so tempted.....

ilana kaye said...

The mocha color is a great choice. It looks very rich on your linen.
And SDW is progressing beautifully.

Jon Lee said...

I love your sampler with the mocha linen. It is beautiful. Your SDW sampler is incredible. I am stitching on mine tonight.

Jon Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaisievic said...

OOOh, I think that SDW is going on my Scarlet Letter wishlist! Gorgeous!

Elizabeth said...

I love your choice of colour for Ann Grimshaw and look forward to seeing what other colours you choose. SDW is so lovely.

brod'attitude said...

Very beautiful

Michele said...

Krista, you have "caught" up so well. I am loving this band, even though the chapel is so large. Great that you are also on the Manifesto SAL - God knows when I am going to find the time, but it is so exciting. x

Nicola said...

Your SDW is looking amazing, your colours are vibrant against the linen. Well done on the progress you have made this weekend.

You have made excellent choices with your thread and linen for Ann and she will be quite unique.

So pleased that you will be part of the Manifesto SAL.

Lanie said...

Hi Krista! Love your choice of mocha for Ann. Your SDW continues to be amazing. I hope everyone stitching the gorgeous Manifesto post often! I cannot wait for the photos to start appearing...it's going to be good!

Kathy said...

Your SDW is so pretty and I like the colors you've picked for Ann.

Mary said...

Both pieces are wonderful, Krista! You must be having the time of your life with them.

Krista said...

Thank you! They are both easy and relaxing stitches.

Fiona said...

Both pieces look great.