Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 11 January 2013


A small bit of progress, and at least the addition of some new colors!  Stitching has slowed down with my return to work…it has been crazy/busy since the holidays, but I hope to completely finish page 1 of the chart by the weekend and continue moving across or down...whatever suits my fancy at the time.

Well, I seem unable to add any pictures to the blog, so you are going to have to trust me that some other colors have been added to the golds and greens.  There are some pretty apricots and rose colors for the big "redish" flower at the bottom of page 1.  Sorry...I'm such a novice as this is the first blog I have ever posted to.  I guess it is what you all refer to as "blogger not allowing me to add pictures."  Hopefully I will figure this out at some point (sooner rather than later).


Of course I had one of those illumination/duh moments the other night.  I have not been happy with the way my stitching has looked recently and I was having difficulty stitching “cleanly” after outlining some of the areas.  I stitch in hand, but went so far as to put a hoop on the piece to see if that would help.  Then, suddenly, I looked at my needle and realized it was huge!  I’m not sure where it came from (or how old it is), but the rest of my needles in case were the same way.  I hunted around and found a new pack of John James needles and oh, what a difference.  Much easier now.  Like I said, a real “duh” moment.
When I started this piece last Fall I grabbed a piece of linen I had in my stash which is 32 count…I really wish I had started on a higher count.  This will be large when completed…approximately 18.25 x 18.25!  My next SL piece will definitely be on a higher count linen.
Well, almost TGIF.  I am ready for the weekend for sure.  I plan to settle in and stitch a lot!!

3 comments:

Carmen Sutton said...

I think that you will be happy with the end result even though it is on 32 count, the style like that of All for an Apill lend themselves to the larger size. Hope you can figure out the bloggers pictures so we can see your progress!

Krista said...

Sounds like you are getting on nicely. To insert photos there is an icon on the tool bar that looks like a photo, click on that and it will let you upload pics.

Nicola said...

I am funny about what needle I use and I tend to find one particular one and stay with it until it is worn out. I buy large packs of 28 in gold but I do really like the needles Marsha supplies with her kits.