Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 26 January 2013

A post for Rachel F

Very slow progress has occurred on My Beloved, but here it is so far:




My Beloved



I am hoping to get some stitching done this week. I am looking forward to seeing this done!  I have done some reading about stem stitching and do not know if I did mine correctly.  The instructions say over two threads and back one thread.  Then I found another place that said over two and back two, coming out where stitch started.  Well, I have decided to continue with over two and back one.  Perhaps I will be able to keep the stitches more consistent this time.


I plotted out the lettering for the initials and couldn't figure out why there wasn't enough room for two rows of lettering.  It looks like I followed the pattern that came with the kit (I have counted and recounted numerous times).  When I look at the Scarlet Letter website and try to count the picture and the one shown on the blog, it appears they shortened the amount of green space by four threads.  


Anyway, I think I may have figured out how to do the initials in one row.  I will send a picture when I am done.  



Rachel

3 comments:

Faye said...

You are doing a great job!! Faye

Dawn said...

So pretty!! I love this sampler and may have to put it on my short list ;-)
Thank you for sharing.

Fiona said...

Great progress. I would be doing stem stitch the same way as you.