Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 12 January 2013

A New Start

Russian Red Rooster Day 1
Bit scary to have 3 works on the go at one time, with SDW (the SAL) and my Victoria Alphabet Sampler which I am desperate to finish, but I did make the decision to start Russian Red Rooster.  I had to man the shop yesterday, and I knew that it would be deathly quiet, after Christmas.  Perfect for a few hours stitching time.  SDW is on the frame so not possible, and VS is soooo complicated to drag around - big box of threads and all that.  So Russian Red Rooster with it's two colours is perfect as a transportable project.  This is the result of about 4 hours (interrupted - how very dare they!) work.  I am liking this sampler, quick and easy.

10 comments:

Tatyana (tookie) said...

What a great start! I've never paid attention to it before, but thanks to you it's on top of my wishlist now.
Wish the post was faster!! (have to wait for a month before I could get it - Russia is too far from US and Scarlett Letter doesn't offer PDF)

Can't wait to see your progress.

Elizabeth said...

What beautiful stitching Michelle...that needle must have been flying!

Kaisievic said...

It is indeed a lovely new start.

Nicola said...

I think it an excellent idea to have a mobile project on the go and RR is the perfect choice.

The fabric looks such a warm colour, what is it?

Have a great stitchy weekend.

Krista said...

Great start, Michele. Enjoy the weekend.

Laurie in Iowa said...

I think you've found the perfect solution for a mobile project.

Elaine said...

Beautiful Michele! I dare not start anything until I have finished SDW - too many quilting wips as it is!

Michele said...

The fabric is just a bog standard 32ct colour flax which Bonnie had at my local shop.

EvalinaMaria said...

Looks great! I bought this chart also and I hope it arrives soon. I wasn't crazy about the alphabet but I do love the roosters motif.

Fiona said...

You have introduced me to this design. It looks great and a perfect solution for a portable project.