Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

A needle in your hand can never execute anything more beautiful than the heart can imagine

Not too much stitching has gone on over Christmas but I do have some progress to show you.


Dona Dorothea



I have struggled with Dona Dorothea, why I do not know but I guess some samplers go like that. I think that it is probably because we have had some sort of virus over the holiday season.



Dona Dorothea

She is has some vibrant colours that show off the silks.




Dona Dorothea



The stag motif caught my eye this first time I saw her.



Dona Dorothea



I adore all the animals.

My second SL project being stitched with Michele, Elaine, Krista, Shannon and Robyn is coming on well.


SDW



I just love the SDW sampler and as the motifs develop I find my needle is flying. I could sit all day and stitch her. 


On this first day of 2013 I make a wish that, Happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late and leave the gift of God's Peace, Love, Joy & Good Health Behind!

May this year be the best of all. Happy New Year

9 comments:

HollyXSing said...

Lovely work, Nicola! I too love the bright colors! It makes me smile!

I will be starting my Scarlet Letter Year Sampler today, Emma Miles!

Thank-you for the New Year's wishes....Back at ya;)

Happy 2013!

In Stitches,

-Holly in VA

EvalinaMaria said...

Thank you Nicola and happy New Year to you too! Both samplers look lovely. Happy stitching!

Krista said...

Amazing progress on both samplers! You have turbo needles!! Love all the animals on Dorothea, I can't wait to stitch her too. Happy New Year!

Miss Pants said...

How beautiful! You are stitching two pieces that I would love to stitch one day. They are definitely on my list.

Vera said...

Happy New Year Nicola! I, as well, would like to stitch both of these. Dona Dorothea for sure...SDW is just so HUGE! Your stitching, as always, is gorgeous.

Brenda in WI said...

I also have SDW started and yours is encouraging me to get her out and put some more stitches in her, Beautiful stitching

llknbillburg said...

Amazing how much stitching you seem to get done even though you say you are not getting much time in!!
Both pieces are beautiful and the colors just sing! Happy New Year, Laura

Kathy said...

Your Dona definitely has some vibrant colors and I love the stag.
He is just too cute.

And, you have really made progress on your SDW. Your stitching good perfect as always.

joann mccormick said...

I too am stitching Dona Dorothea.
For me it is the satin stitching that is giving me fits!
As lovely as this sampler is I have a mental block when it comes to
Satin stitches. I'm hoping to over come that so I can finish my sampler!