Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 14 December 2012

Working on Country Life and Mary Gail

In between having company and a trip, I managed to get this much completed on Country Life.  I'm using silk thread.  I'm thinking about making some changes in some of the colors.
I recently got the book 2 of the Feller Collection.  It has so many pictures of the samplers.  The sampler on page 30 reminds me of this house.  I highly recommend this book.  It has a lot of pictures and info about Quaker samplers plus ones with country scenes.

I also "dug up" Mary Gail that I started 4 yrs ago.  The "small problem" with this it is stitched one over one.  I'm hoping to get some of it completed this coming year.

Looking forward to seeing all the other samplers you all are working on. 
Wishing everyone Happy Holidays.
Martha S




11 comments:

Nicola said...

Dear Martha, wonderful photos of your wonderful progress. It is so exciting to see these beautiful designs come to life.

Deb said...

Great progress pictures. Mary Gail is on my list for this year. It will be fun to watch your progress.

Martha S said...

Correction
I meant page 30 of the Feller Book-sorry
Martha

Lisa M said...

wow you have a great start on both of these. I'm envious of the over-one stitching you have done - I just can't get into it.

Gabi said...

OMG...this is a case of instant love. Fell in love with your Mary Gail. This is a "must have" for me. So beautiful.
Love your Country Life as well.

brod'attitude said...

Very nine good progress

Elaine said...

wonderful choice of samplers and beautiful stitching!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

You are making lovely progress.

Love both of these.

Barbara

pam said...

Country Life is one of the 5 I ordered. It is second on my start list.

Lanie said...

Hi Martha! I have always admired "Country Life" and look forward to your progress. "Mary Gail" looks beautiful...that over one stitching is always a bugger but the results...stunning!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

The colors are beautiful