Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 14 December 2012

Two Scottish Samplers Selected!

Well, I am squeaking in at the last minute again with a blog post and my choices!  I decided to begin very small and went for ABCD 1817 , a very small sampler.......... 2 3/4" x 3 1/4"!  I should be able to manage that, shouldn't I?

My second choice runs a little larger, lol, a whole 8 inches by 8 inches, Scottish Sampler c.1740! I only ordered the chart for this one as I would really love to use up one of the many pieces of linen in my stash.  I inadvertently revealed to the World Traveller tonight just how many um, projects, I have waiting to start/finish though, surprisingly none (so far) from the Scarlet Letter.  The poor chap is is still shaking his head!

7 comments:

Gabi said...

Beautiful choices. Love both of them

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Great choices.

You are going to have a wonderful time stitching them.

Barbara

Roberta said...

Hi Gillie, welcome back to the US. So glad to see you here at the SLSAL.

joann mccormick said...

Both are lovely samplers! Great choices!

pam said...

Gillie, one never reveals the projected project count! :) It is best to keep them guessing. Have fun with the Scotties

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Just tell him they stop you feeling homesick LOL.

Looking forward to seeing these two amd tempting you with a Big One.

Nicola said...

Hello Gillie and welcome.

The Scottish Sampler has gone straight onto my wish list.

I look forward to having a few blethers over the year.