Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 28 December 2012

This is where I left off on Rachel Ayres when I put her down to work on the beautiful Ann Dale.  I hope to complete this flower during the next few days while I take a break from my job.


As a side note, this a photo of the project that has consumed most of 2012.  I hope to complete Ann Dale by the end of March, but if not, I will be working on both Rachel & Ann!  I have stitched an additional row since this last photo was taken and am currently working on the wording in the center.


I am thoroughly enjoying reading about the SL progress of everyone here on this blog.

Needles up!
Delfi



9 comments:

Krista said...

A beautiful flower on Rachel Ayres, Delfi! These SL samplers are all coming to life in bright color. Your Ann Dale is looking beautiful too, that is another one of my favorites!

pam said...

I can see how you got distracted by Ann Dale. she is a beauty!

Lanie said...

Oh Delfi, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful Ann Dale. I recently put mine away because I have become distracted by all these wonderful SL projects, but seeing your progress makes me love her all over again! Maybe I'll do as you are and work on both. If only I could create more hours in a day and make my fingers stitch a little faster!
Can't wait to see more of Rachel Ayres. That flower is beautiful.

Nicola said...

Rachel is stunning and I keep thinking she may be the next one I work on.

When I saw Ann I kitted her up straight away then never started because of all the mistakes I heard about. How have you found working on her?

Elizabeth said...

I just love the colours in the blue flower. Ann Dale is so pretty and delicate.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Beautiful work.
Love the blue flower.

Delfi said...

"Nicola said...
When I saw Ann I kitted her up straight away then never started because of all the mistakes I heard about. How have you found working on her?"

Nicola - In the beginning, I was frustrated with the errors and the silk colors as charted, but I really wanted to stitch Ann. After a few bumps I learned to study the chart first and compare it to the photos of the original sampler and make my adjustments prior to putting needle to fabric. I also made my own adjustments to the silk colors until I was happy with how they completed the fabric...which I also changed!

Kathy said...

Love your Ann Dale and the blue flower is striking!

Dona said...

Delfi, what a pretty blue flower on your RAchel Ayres. Ann Dale is a very pretty sampler, and very big!