Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Start-itis!

Well, I was good for a little while and managed to stitch most of the swan motif on my 7-year Ann Grimshaw WIP, but seeing everyone else's pretties made me jealous and I find myself pining for some COLOR!

I started Jane Atkinson last January, but set her aside because the counting for the outlining required concentration. But the outlining is black, so I'll leave her in her tote for a little while longer.

I need to re-start Rebecca Nut because my fabric was cut too small, the count is too big, and the fabric is TOO yellow. Oh, wait- all black again, so nevermind!

What Scarlet Letter charts do I havein my stash?

Betsy Davis? A gorgeous Balch school sampler! I will probably never actually stitch this because it's mostly free hand embroidery and Queen stitches. Eeek!

M. Quertier? All black again. Sarah Tatum? I already have 4 other polychrome Quakers as WIPs. The Twigg miniatures? Wait.... Over-1? Why did I buy that?

So I went trolling the Scarlet Letter website and now I'm obsessing over this:

4 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

No wonder, it a lovely piece. Now you made me drooling and I'm going to find the chart.
Evalina, This and that...

Nicola said...

Welcome Jamie, it is good to have you on board.

The hardest part of the year is going to be choosing. You can't just buy one chart, then the next problem is which of the many you buy do you start first.

Thank you for participating and adding to the fun.

Gabi said...

That's a gorgeous sampler. Great choice

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

so many choices and i think this is a good one : )