Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 13 December 2012

small update

I have really been enjoying seeing everyone's projects, or planned projects. It certainly is dangerous reading the posts since my own wishlist just keeps getting longer. But I certainly have enough to keep me busy for the moment.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm starting off with the smallest and easiest samplers I have in my stash. After finishing Elizabeth Shepherd, I pulled out the Miniature Sampler 1840. I bought this as a kit and am using the silk ( I think it is AVAS) and 25-ct unbleached linen supplied. It is stitched over one thread. Here's my progress today. I think I should have it finished this weekend.


Next up will be Elizabeth Raysor 1834. This is a Pennsylvania German sampler, which is one of my favorite styles of samplers. (My other favorites are Dutch (Fresian, Marken and Hoorn), and Mexican and Spanish samplers.)

I had already started ER, so I have a bit of a head start. Here she is as of today:


She was also acquired in a kit, with silk threads and 35-ct linen.

Off to get in a few more stitches before bedtime!

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Great progress, thank you for sharing. I love seeing progress and close up photos.

You will soon be in the finishes gallery.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Louise,

These are precious.
Beautiful work.

Barbara