Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 28 December 2012

SDW Week 8

A bit late posting this because of Christmas.  After a large, noisy family day, it is very quiet over here now, so hopefully much stitching will be completed.

Week 8 of the SAL of SDW got me to this stage......

SDW Week 8


....I was really hoping to get the flower motif finished, but as always, I have unrealistic expectations of my speed!  This is now my target for this weekend's sewing.   I am loving the way that this is growing, and the colours are so lush.  The photo on the front of the pattern does not do the sampler justice.

Happy Stitching into 2013 all.  xxxx

11 comments:

Nicola said...

Oh Michele you are making wonderful progress. I don't think any of us realised just how big this motif was until we started to stitch it.

Elizabeth said...

The colours look wonderful Michelle - even in the photograph. This is going to be stunning when it is finished.

Krista said...

It looks beautiful, Michele! I know what you mean, the colors are so stunning and vibrant, I love them all too!

Lanie said...

Oh my goodness...this continues to be an amazing sampler. I can see why you all are enjoying it so much! The colors and motifs ... delicious!!!

Miss Pants said...

I love watching the progress on this sampler. I cannot wait to stitch it one day.

Great progress!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I agree with what you say about the colours, I notice the same with one of the charts I chose. When the silks arrived they were much more vibrant than I expected.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Lovely work.

It's a perfect day when a bag of silks arrive in the mail - especially vibrant silks.

llknbillburg said...

Great Progress! And I know just what you mean about the speed. It always seems to take longer than we think it will to complete!! Laura

woolwoman said...

absolutely beautiful and great progress too - enjoy the new year of stitching with lovely silks - Melody

Carol E. in AZ said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors. Which sampler is it?

Dona said...

So pretty! The colors are wonderful, and I especially love the pot!

I always think I can accomplish more stitching than I actually do ...