Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 30 December 2012

Post for Sonja C



This is the progress so far on Dorothy Walpole.  This is a lovely sampler and I am progressing fairly well on it.  However, I am on vacation for the next two weeks so nothing will be accomplished until I get back home.  I am doing the sampler on 40 count Colorscapes Heritage.  It is a pretty fabric, it has some distressing that looks nice.  However the silks that I am using are very muted, and I am not sure I like them as much as I thought I would.  They are a conversion that Attic Needlework did when Dorothy Walpole was their sampler of the month a year or so ago. The colors are really pretty but as I said, very muted on this linen.  I am sure the whole thing will be beautiful when I am finished. 


Dorothy Walpole



The satin stitch alphabet was sort of a pain to do, but is absolutely gorgeous.  I had problems counting all of it and got off a couple of times but I doubt if anyone would ever see it.  (Glaring to me of course)  I am putting in the verse right now, it is over one and I always dither and think I will  just tent stitch it since the count is small.  But of course I didn't do that and so now I curse myself with every tiny, tiny stitch!!


The gorgeous part of the sampler is the bottom half and I will be there before too long, can't wait to see that come together.  


I bought an out of print sampler kit on e-bay last week.  It is Ann Kirby, it evidently has just gone out of print in the last year or so because I have seen it on the Scarlet Letter website fairly recently.  However, after this challenge I went to look for it and it was gone.  I was upset because Ann is my middle name and my maiden name is Kirby so I had wanted to do this sampler and kept thinking I would get it later.  So when I couldn't find it I was mad at myself!!  Now it will be my next start in the challenge.


Happy New Year to all of you, keep stitching Scarlet Letters!!!

6 comments:

Nicola said...

Sonja it is simply quite beautiful. I think we all have a few doubts when we are stitching a sampler.

The over one will be worth it when you have put in the last stitch.

Elizabeth said...

I think this looks georgous Sonja and I am sure you will like it when it is finished.

Faye said...

This is going to be beautiful!!!!!

Deb said...

I think that you piece is going to be beautiful! I really like that linen.

Nikki said...

Beautiful Sonja. I am also stitching this and will post a picture soon. Your looks lovely with the more muted threads. I am doing mine in DMC, so more vivid colors I think, but I am loving it.

Nikki

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

It looks fantastic Sonja!

It is worth the effort to work a full cross over one for the verse.
A tent stitch over one sometimes has a mind of its own and disappears.

Your satin stitch letters look great.