This is the progress so far on Dorothy Walpole. This is a lovely sampler and I am progressing fairly well on it. However, I am on vacation for the next two weeks so nothing will be accomplished until I get back home. I am doing the sampler on 40 count Colorscapes Heritage. It is a pretty fabric, it has some distressing that looks nice. However the silks that I am using are very muted, and I am not sure I like them as much as I thought I would. They are a conversion that Attic Needlework did when Dorothy Walpole was their sampler of the month a year or so ago. The colors are really pretty but as I said, very muted on this linen. I am sure the whole thing will be beautiful when I am finished.
The satin stitch alphabet was sort of a pain to do, but is absolutely gorgeous. I had problems counting all of it and got off a couple of times but I doubt if anyone would ever see it. (Glaring to me of course) I am putting in the verse right now, it is over one and I always dither and think I will just tent stitch it since the count is small. But of course I didn't do that and so now I curse myself with every tiny, tiny stitch!!
The gorgeous part of the sampler is the bottom half and I will be there before too long, can't wait to see that come together.
I bought an out of print sampler kit on e-bay last week. It is Ann Kirby, it evidently has just gone out of print in the last year or so because I have seen it on the Scarlet Letter website fairly recently. However, after this challenge I went to look for it and it was gone. I was upset because Ann is my middle name and my maiden name is Kirby so I had wanted to do this sampler and kept thinking I would get it later. So when I couldn't find it I was mad at myself!! Now it will be my next start in the challenge.
Happy New Year to all of you, keep stitching Scarlet Letters!!!