Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Post for Robin L - Let the games begin !


I spent a glorious day pulling threads and preparing fabric for my first Scarlet Letter project. I was really undecided about which sampler I wanted to stitch; they are all so beautiful!  As you can see, Marion Robertson got the nod.  I really like the colors that she chose for her sampler and the large house so prominently featured is intriguing. This sampler is a nice intersection between a balanced composition and a lovely color palette.  In a word, it's perfect!



Marion Robertson



So tonight after dinner,  I will fix myself a cup of tea and settle down beside my favorite stitching pal (Molly, my little dachshund), put needle to fabric and begin my personal celebration of Nicola's special birthday year.

I am looking forward to this journey, imagining Marion as a young girl taking special pride in every stitch that she makes.  I will try to do justice to her efforts.


Happy Stitching, everyone!

Happy Holidays, too!!!

15 comments:

Nicola said...

Marion is a beautiful sampler one high on my to stitch list. I am looking forward to seeing her grow and lots of close up photos.

Great choice Robin.

Hugs to Molly.

Elizabeth said...

What a lovely choice - the colours look stunning.

Gabi said...

Beautiful choice. Love it

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Robin,
Marion is such a beautiful choice. I have her in my stash and want to do her also this year. I love Scottish house samplers.

Melinda

robindefender said...

Good choice. Glad to see the mojo is back!

Deb said...

This is a great choice. The sampler is going to be wonderful!

Vera said...

Another one to add to my wish list. Beautiful sampler. Can't wait to see your progress.

Faye said...

Beautiful!!!!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

looks like a beautiful sampler, i am sure you will enjoy every stitch.

SamplerNut said...

Robin,
Please tell me where you got those lovely floss tags? They look great for storing floss!!!!
Gloria

Love to Stitch said...

This is a gorgeous sampler and I am looking forward to your start!! Love your thread keeps-- I use them daily, dont know what I would do with out them :)

Lanie said...

Welcome, Robin! "Marion" is on my "futures list", too so I'm looking foward to following your progress! Have fun!

anniebeez said...

Such a pretty sampler, can't wait to see your progress!

Dona said...

It is such a pretty sampler! The thread colors are gorgeous!

Mindi said...

Beautiful choice, I have this one on my wish list. Love the silks you've chosen for it.