Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 31 December 2012

Post for Lori

Hello Stitching Friends.  My name is Lori and like all of you I adore samplers.  I tend to gravitate towards Quaker samplers the most but have a deep appreciation for all types of historic samplers.  I am always in awe of how intricate the samplers are and the young age at which the stitcher completed them.  I have also been a longtime fan of Nicola’s blog and jumped at the opportunity to share in her Scarlet Letter Year (Nicola – I hope you celebrate another 50 years!).  I went through my stash and found four Scarlet Letter patterns just waiting to be stitched. 

N. Hinde

This one is called N. Hinde 1778.  
If stitched over one on 35 count fabric it will measure only 1.5” X 2.5” – now that’s tiny!

Circling Alphabets

The second one I would like to stitch is called Circling Alphabets - it’s a Scarlet Letter original design.  Around and around we go.

American Quaker Band Sampler 1803

Another one I would like to stitch is the American Quaker Band Sampler Dated 1803.  
Just LOVE Quaker samplers!

Ruth Bacheler

Last, but not least, is Ruth Bacheler 1717.  The pinks and greens are so vivid.


Well, looking at my choices it’s clear to me that I have a “thing” for alphabets!!  I will keep you posted on my progress and look forward to seeing everyone else’s work as the year goes by.

Happy Stitching! 

Lori

4 comments:

Nicola said...

What beautiful samplers you have chosen.

The first 50 years have gone so quick and I am going to need at least another fifty to sttch all the charts I have been ordering. LOL.

Happy New Year Lori.

Lelia said...

Wonerful choices!

Elizabeth said...

It looks as if 2013 is going to be a busy year for you Lori. Look forward to seeing how things progress.

joann mccormick said...

I love your three starts for the SAL!