Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 15 December 2012

Post for Laura


My name is Laura  and I live in Williamsburg, Va.  I’ve been doing needlework of one kind or another since I was a child but now find most of my time is spent with samplers.  I gravitate toward large, time consuming, frequently reproduction samplers and Scarlet Letter really fits that bill. 

Right now, I have several SL samplers languishing in my finish pile crying out for attention but I think I will start with the one that is the closest to completion.

I don’t remember exactly when I started Ann Grimshaw but I do know she has been monopolizing space on one of my best lap frames for at least 2 years.  I would give her some sporadic attention when I had a few spare days once in  a while but that’s just not getting it done!  As you can see, she is about half way done and  I would love to see her hanging in my Quaker room in the coming year.  So,  she moves to the front of the list in the new year.


Ann Grimshaw



I have been reading most of your blogs for a number of years now but did not have a blog myself. I recently started blogging at For Love of the Needle.  Nicola inspired me to do that as well.  

It’s been a real learning curve for me but I am enjoying it more than I thought I would.  Who knows what other new and exciting things will come our way in Nicola’s Scarlett Letter Year??!!  Laura

5 comments:

Deb said...

A woman after my heart Laura - I like doing the large samplers also. Seems that it goes against my grain to do smaller ones, although I did pick a smaller one to start the Challenge.

When you have a large sampler like this some people do at least one thread a day so that it eventually gets done. If you do that, she will be finished by the end of the year, if not sooner.

Gabi said...

Ann is looking great. Such a good idea to move her to the front.
Will go and locate your blog now :)

Krista said...

Laura, your Ann Grimshaw looks so beautiful, and so far along! You will be finished in no time at all. I will be stitching her along with you too. :)

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Laura,

I love the big girl samplers. Those of us that do usually can't wait to put the first stitch into the linen.
Deb has the right idea of working a daily thread. My problem is I can't stop at one thread and I have other commitments that I must stitch first.
It's all good.

Barbara

llknbillburg said...

I have that same problem Barbara, once I get started I don't want to stop and deadlines LOOM!

For those interested, my blog can be found at http:llknbillburg.blogspot.com

Thanks, Laura