Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 29 December 2012

Post for Jon Lee



 
I am so excited to be a part of Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year. I had so much fun looking through the Scarlet Letter website, and I have decided on two samplers.  I have only just ordered them, so the pictures are both from the Scarlet Letter website. 


SDW A German Band Sampler



The first sampler is SDW A German Band Sampler, circa 1710. I love the different animals that are on this sampler. I ordered the chart instead of the kit because I want to look for a fabric to stitch this sampler on. I haven't decided if I will use cotton or silk fibers yet. 


Margret Lawrance



My second sampler is Margret Lawrance, A Scottish sampler, dated 1823. It has an illuminated alphabet which reminds me of William Blake, the poet, who engraved illuminated alphabets. I ordered the kit with 35 ct. fiber and silk fibers. I am so excited to receive both of these samplers.
 
Jon Lee
 
 

 

8 comments:

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Jon Lee. I am looking forward to folloiwng your progress with both samplers.

I am currently stitching the SDW sampler with five others one day per week. Four of us are using 36ct Edinburgh linen in Flax some with AVAS silks and others with DMC. Whatever, you choose it will be beautiful.

It is such a joy to see the sampler stitch up, the motifs are stunning.

Vera said...

Welcome to the group Jon Lee! Every time I see the SDW Sampler I am soooooooo tempted...but it is huge!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The more I see the German band sampler the more I like it. Lovely choices.

Elaine said...

Fantastic choices! I am stitching SDW with Nicola & the others, it is a big sampler but can easily be broken down, I just think of it as lots of samplers stitched together!

Deb said...

Both are wonderful choices. I can't wait to see your progress on them.

SonjaC said...

I like the Margaret Lawrance sampler as well, I think the alphabet is special!!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Jon Lee,

Wonderful choice of samplers.

I look forward to seeing your progress.

Michele said...

Great choice Jon, I am part of the SDW SAL with Nicola and the girls, this sampler gets more beautiful the more that you stitch it. Enjoy. x