Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 16 December 2012

Post for Cindy M




Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this great group, I see lots of friends listed!  My name is Cindy, I live in Virginia, west of DC in Winchester.  I'm married, with 3 kids~2 daughters ages 25 & 22, and a son age 15, along with a dog and 4 cats.


I graduated from Virginia Tech with a degree in Clothing, Textiles, and Related Arts.  Unfortunately, I was never fortunate enough to use my degree and love of needles and threads professionally, but I spend every spare moment involved in some form of needle art, whether it be sewing, knitting, or cross stitch.


I'm ashamed to say, I only own 2 Scarlet Letter charts, one of them being one that was just passed along to me recently by a dear stitching friend who was finished with it.  Although there are lots of others in my wish list...


The 2 charts I have are Hannah Trecothick 1738, and And All Was For an Appil.  I plan to start with Hannah, she is kitted and ready to roll.  I won't start until after the new year, though, because I have several projects that I plan to have done by midnight Dec 31!


Looking forward to reading the posts, getting to know everyone, and seeing what everyone is working on!

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Welcome Cindy and thank you for participating.

When I read the name Hannah Trecothick I was excited. Trecothick is a good Cornish name and I very much want to stitch a Cornish sampler.

Alas she is not a Cornish but is stunning and will be a beautiful one to watch being stitched.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hi Cindy!

We all have to start somewhere. :-D

I found an image of Hannah Trecothick 1738 in an older SL catalog. I look forward to seeing your work in person when you bring her to a LSG meeting and the blog.

Barbara

Dona said...

Hello Cindy! I look forward to seeing your stitching on Hannah Trecothick! I am probably not starting til next either.