Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Phebe Smith's 1768 Sampler - Update

I received my silks yesterday.  I knew the package was due to be delivered so I was stalking the postman all afternoon.  I kept hearing his mail truck on other streets around me so I was anxiously waiting :)  I got the colors out and laid them on different linens that I have and ended up deciding to go with 40 ct R&R Abecedarian Blend.  So....let the stitching begin!

                                                 Silks & linen for the piece



6 comments:

Brenda said...

I hate, hate, hate waiting for the postman when I have ordered SL or stitching stash. I am a nervous wreck looking out the window. LOL

Brenda from WI

Kaisievic said...

Yummy!

Nicola said...

There is nothing quite like the thrill of putting the first stitch in except maybe the very last stitch

I'm stitching like mad to finish my curent project so I can make a start, I swear I stitched in my dreams last night.

Looking forward to your next post to see your progress.

C Street Samplerworks said...

Your color choices are lovely, and I really like your linen! My Phebe was stitched on a natural linen--I like yours better!

Can't wait to see your progress pics.

Elaine said...

lovely selection of colours, are these HDF silks?

Jen Rawlins said...

Yes Elaine, they are HDF.

And thanks everyone for all the nice words. Looking forward to getting started on this one :)