Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Friday, 28 December 2012

My SL WIPs, and what's up next

Now that I've finished And All Was for an Appil, I have to choose what's next.  I do have a few SL WIPs.  Yes, I do have a tendency to abandon projects for a while.  lol!

I started Rebecca Cullin the other day.


And in bout of startitis another time, I started both Jenny Bean and Dona Dorothea Gazano y Garcia.  Jenny Bean just has the border so is not worth showing, but here is what I have of Dona Dorothea.


Let's see.  There's also Ruth Bacheler.


I started this as an SAL with a friend.  That friend has now picked Ruthie up to work on again, but me? I can't find my chart.  lol!  I'm hoping the threads are where I think they are.

And there's Elizabeth Inman.


And there's my first Scarlet Letter piece, Lucy Maria Wiggin.  I think I abandoned her because I thought I wouldn't have enough fabric at the bottom.


This was the piece, by the way, that introduced me to reproduction samplers, to working on linen, and even to working with silks!  I blush to admit how old this WIP is.

But sad to say, I think the next Scarlet Letter piece that I will tackle will be a new piece that I've ordered.  It's for a special occasion, so I'd better get going with it.  (Picture from Scarlet Letter website.)  It's The Hart Lives Where It Loves.


Perhaps you can guess the special occasion.  :D

15 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Oh Margaret you have lovely SL samplers started. I hope you're able to complete many of them in 2013. Love the sampler you'll be stitching in honor of your anniversary.

Miss Pants said...

I cannot wait to see Dona Dorothea! I almost chose that for one of my projects. I just love everything about that one.

Ellen said...

Very inspiring work as usual, Margaret.

I have two guesses on the new sampler--either an anniversary sampler for you and DH or perhaps your daughter is now engaged....inquiring minds want to know.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a lovely mix of projects - each one has it's own unique appeal.

Deb said...

Lots of eye candy Margaret!! I especially like seeing Elizabeth Inman. I almost pulled her out to work on this year and thought that she might be too dull, but I like what I'm seeing on your piece so maybe I'll have to do her this year after all!!

Nicola said...

And how mnay years will we be celebrating?

I would be quite stuck to decide which to work on.

Elizabeth said...

I love all the different pieces. It must be so nice to have so many choices to stitch. The Hart Lives is a beautiful piece to do.

Krista said...

Wow, you have so many lovely samplers started, lots of choices! Love your new pick too, very sweet.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Margaret you are an inspiration!
Love all your choices.

woolwoman said...

OH Margaret - you had to go and show that Hart Loves sampler - I was supposed to finish that darn thing for my folks big anniversary a couple of years ago - I should have made that one of my "SL focus" pieces - guess it isn't too late to do that. Loved walking thru you SL WIP's - they are all lovely. Hope you have a wonderful stitchy new year! mel

Lanie said...

Oh Margaret, so many, many lovelies you have! Can't wait to see your start on "The Hart".

Faye said...

Wow!!!! Great ongoing projects..... I like all of them but Ruth Bachelor is stunning!!!!!! Keep up the great work.....
Faye

Mindi said...

Great choice for a special occasion Margaret! I've always loved that one, and you're making me fall in in love with Ruth Bacheler (think I might have the chart in storage) and Dorothea. I love that sweet checkerboard stag, but have been resisting the chart.

Kathy said...

Wow! What a great looking bunch of projects! They're all so pretty I would have a hard time deciding which to work on first, but think it would be The Hart Lives since it sounds like you need it done quickly. I'm betting it's an anniversary sampler for you and hubby.

Dona said...

Perfect anniversary sampler, Margaret! I love all of your starts!