Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

My Choice - Martha Salter

I started stitching Martha Salter several years ago, and she became a UFO when I got bogged down in reproducing several antique samplers.  When I joined Nicola's challenge, I dug Martha out of my WIP/UFO basket and was surprised to see that I had so much stitched already, so Martha was the logical choice to start with.  This is how she looks right now:



(I couldn't get the color right--the carnations are not quite so "rusty" in person.)

When I begin stitching on January 1, 2013, I will have only to stitch 1-1/2 large bands  and the alphabet and verse band, and Martha will be done!  With any luck, that shouldn't take long at all, which means I'll get to choose another SL sampler to stitch during 2013.  I'm leaning toward Hannah Breed, but I've been known to change my mind. ;o)

Peace & Love,
Fran

7 comments:

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome. I have Martha kitted up, it is lovely to see so much of her already done. It inspires me to start mine.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I have to stop seeing new designs that I love. This one is very pretty indeed.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW! Beautiful sampler looking forward to seeing your progress

Gabi said...

That looks just fantastic. This blog is no good for me... I can't stop drooling over all those beauty's . Martha is so very pretty

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hi Fran!

She is beautiful!
You will be finished in no time.

Barbara

Laurie in Iowa said...

It's good to see you here Fran. Your Martha S. looks wonderful.

Elaine said...

I have this chart, it's lovely to see it actually being stitched!