Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Monday, 3 December 2012

Joining the Challenge

My name is Anne and I'm a hopeless lover of history and samplers!! I live in the rainy coast of British Columbia with a loving husband and a super fluffy fat cat.

I am so excited to be a part of Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year!!! First off, thank you Nicola for hosting such an amazing challenge...right up my alley!!! I have always loved samplers and the stories that they tell us from times past.  I have chosen two samplers from Scarlet Letter to stitch for the upcoming year 2013.  I have high hopes in finishing both! I just put in my order for the materials and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. Here are my two charts:


The lovely Hannah Brassington - the materials are on its way!

The beautiful Marion Robertson - materials still to be purchased.



I will start with Hannah and hopefully be able to finish her before a year is up!!

I look forward to seeing everyone's beautiful samplers grow and come alive.

Thanks to you both, Nicola and Jo, for organizing this amazing challenge for us!

Hugs!

Anne from Doll's Musings

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Hello Anne and a warm welcome from the group.You have chosen two beautiful samplers to stitch. I would love to know what fabric you chose for Hannah.

I often wonder about the girls that stitched these samplers and whether they fulfilled theirs dreams for the future.

The Maiden said...

I was interested in the SL Challenge and found you here! So excited to see your entries come to life, they are very drool worthy!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I look forward to following your progress Anne.