Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 8 December 2012

I've started!


I have started stitching my very first sampler. It isn't Seventeen Sailors as it hasn't arrived yet. Nicola very kindly sent me Salley Morse so stitching has started. Well...stitching has started three times! The first two attempts weren't quite right! However - I have some leeway as the instructions do say not to unpick mistakes due to the asymmetrical design! Thank you so much Nicola -you'll make me a needlewoman yet!

Salley Morse - picture courtesy of Scarlet Letter





6 comments:

Nicola said...

I am very happy you are giving it a go. You are so gifted you will pick it up in no time.

We are all here to help you and there are others who are stitching a sampler for the first time too.



Elizabeth said...

Nicola I am lovely stitching Salley. The colours you chose look stunning. The flower motifs look like thistles so of course that makes it even nicer and will remind me of my homeland.

pam said...

Hang in there Elizabeth. This will be a learning process but we are all happy you are trying.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Pam. As Nicola said to me 'take it one stitch at a time'. Next Saturday I hope to post a photography of WIP.

Lelia said...

Oh my, that is a lovely project. I've had my eye on that sampler!!! Glad you have it in hand to stitch.

(I confess alphabets are my thing to stitch - I just enjoy stitching them!)

Stitch well today

Jen Rawlins said...

I stitched Sally a few years ago...it was a fun little piece to do. Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Jen