Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 23 December 2012

I've finished my first sampler - Salley Morse

I am thrilled to have completed my first sampler - Sally Morse. I have so enjoyed stitching her. I used two threads for the border and one thread for the inside. I also put my initials and the year under Salley's name in place of ADGED 11. As I had used Aida the satin stitch for flowers didn't look right and so I cross stitched them. There should be some vertical flowers but I had gone wrong with counting somewhere and there was no room to put them in. I have found stitching to be very therapeutic and relaxing but must learn to keep my threads in order!


14 comments:

Margaret said...

So beautiful! Congratulations!

Nicola said...

Well done Elizabeth on a very pretty finish. A special congratulations for finishing your first ever sampler. Salley will always be a special one for you.

I am looking forward to seeing Elizabeth Mitchell being stitched.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Congratulations for completing your first sampler. It' so lovely.

EvalinaMaria said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Faye said...

Nice job......

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulation on completing your first sampler. I'll add it to our Page of Glory now!

Kathy said...

Very pretty finish.

Congratulations on completing your first sampler!!

Gabi said...

Beautiful finish. Congratulations :)

Lanie said...

Congratulations on your first, Elizabeth! "Sally" is a charming one! May you enjoy many more!

Vera said...

Congratulations on finishing your first! It looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see your next start!

Stitch Wizard said...

Elizabeth Congratulations on your very first sampler finish!! I am so happy for you and you should feel such a sense of accomplishment!! It is very pretty! I look forward to seeing more of your works in progress here!!

brod'attitude said...

Congratulations

Lelia said...

Congrats! This is a lovely sampler ; ) Job well done

Scarlet Letter said...

This isn't an easy sampler because of the freehand work in the lower part, so congratulations on your excellent finish.