Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Introduction

What a beautiful idea to celebrate a special year like that. It brought lots of fellow stitchers together, and looks like a year full of fun.

To introduce myself...
My name is Gabriele Lenser, but most people call me Gabi. I live in Traralgon, Australia,  with my husband and youngest daughter. And of course our dog and 2 cats.

Right now I'm stitching 2 of the beautiful Scarlet Letter samplers:

Susan Singleton

Emma Miles

I also have Jane Atkinson, which I might start in the upcoming year. But, my husband will buy me a kit of my choice, if I can get it before Christmas.  Not sure if that will succeed. So I might or might not get my hands on another Scarlet Letter kit. We'll see what Santa will bring. (crossing fingers here)

12 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful samplers Gabi!
So glad to see you here.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hi Gabi (waves) Beautiful choices here.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Gabi,

Love your choices. Emma Miles is one of my top favorites too, along with about 1,000 other sampler lovers, I am sure. She is that beautiful.

Barbara

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Gabi. I agree with everyone else, you have chosen two amazing samplers to stitch. Emma is a very popular choice and you can see why.

Deb said...

You are shaming me Gabi as I haven't worked on Susan in a while. I need to desperately make a blog post and include what I've gotten done on her. I need to change a couple colors though, but I can definitely add her to the list this year.

HollyXSing said...

Welcome, Gabi! Your Emma Miles is stunning! I have choosen to stitch her up for Nicola's challenge! I just got my chart and threads this past weekend. I need to get cracking!

I look forward to following your progress!

-Holly in Virginia (USA)

Michele said...

I love Emma, and she is on my wish list but I absolutely love Susan Singleton. The vibrancy of the colours and the shape of the motifs give her a really contemporary feel. Another one for my list!

Krista said...

So Beautiful, Gabi! Love that Susan Singleton one.. looks like a cute bambi!

samplerlover said...

Love Emma and have her kitted up. I think that shelves a very popular girl. Must get and do some more on my Susan. - Sandra.

Kathy said...

Hi Gabi,

It was on your blog that I saw Emma Miles and loved her at first site. Then when Nicola started this SAL I knew that's the one I wanted to start with. So "thank you" for inspiring me and helping to make my choice as to which one to stitch first.

joann mccormick said...

Hi Gabi! I love your emma miles. There are so many beautiful SL designs and charts all in one place ! I'm making a list!

Stitch Wizard said...

Gabi I just love your Scarlet Letter samplers and your stitching is so beautiful on them. The one I am doing, Elizabeth Sheffield is my first Scarlet Letter sampler and I am so looking forward to getting her. I am glad to see you here and thank you for commenting in my blog too! Merry Christmas to you!