Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 6 December 2012

I'm excited to be here......

Hello everyone.  Here is a little info about myself.  My name is Brenda and I am a SAHM of 2 children.  My husband is in the Air Force for over 20yrs and we are going to make a career of it.  I hope we don't get out anytime soon as we are having a blast being a military family.  I'm an avid cross stitcher which I try to incorporate into my daily routine every day as it's my sanity check most days really.  I am a crafter and seamstress as well but cross stitching is really my passion these days.

I am thrilled to be here to celebrate Nicola's birthday next year!!!  I was introduced to The Scarlet Letter by my best friend Kimberly back in 2004.  I wasn't into samplers then but I love to cross stitch and these samplers were definitely new to me.  So I did some research on The Scarlet Letter's website and asking my friend questions and seeing what these children did so long ago was just simply amazing to me.  I bought 2 charts back then in 2005 and kitted them up.   Then we moved and the kitted charts went into the sewing room for a long time.  However, I never stopped stitching.  I thought about xstitching one of these kitted charts from long ago but it didn't call to me to stitch it.  The other one......it didn't speak to me either.

Then many years later, I was gifted with the chart Jane Rees.  We were living overseas in Germany at the time thanks to the Air Force and my friend gifted this chart to me to stitch.  I bought the fabric and some red silk thread and promptly started it.  I brought this new chart and supplies with me to AZ where I live now and I hope to finish this one this time.  I have a goal now especially with Nicola's wonderful SL challenge.

However, I wanted to do something NEW to go along with this challenge so what does a good cross stitcher do but go shopping for a new chart!!!  Not only did I get one new chart but I bought 3 new charts.  I couldn't decide which one I wanted to get so thus my reasoning for buying all three.  I wanted to get the best deal for my shipping and handling price.  Right???!!! 

Here is what I bought:



I know I have Jane Rees already started and I do plan on working on her as well but I will start "The Mary Baker Sampler" you see in the picture on the far right side.  It is much smaller and will give me a sense of completion when it's done but I just love the saying in the sampler. 

I love Nicola's idea of The Scarlet Letter challenge for this next year.  I just love a challenge and I have a good friend here in AZ who is also participating in this challenge as well.  Now the other fun part is ........ to start gathering my supplies for the Mary Baker Sampler chart.  I will look in my stash first to see what I have before going out to buy more fabric.  I'm sure there is something in my stash that I can use!

Happy Stitching everyone!

 

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Welcome Brenda and thank you for participating. I am looking forward to stitching with you.

I think it is impossible to pick just one SL sampler and shipping costs are VERY VERY important. LOL!!

Have you decided on the fabric for Mary Baker?.

Terri Overton said...

Yay, you're here!!! Between the two of us participating in this SAL and working on And They Sinned, we're going to have a busy stitching year, aren't we!

Terri
thisisterri.com