Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Saturday, 29 December 2012

IAMEK Dated 1801

I am enjoying seeing everyone's sampler choices and progress!  

I decided to stitch IAMEK Dated 1801 and to save Jenny Bean for later. I love the motifs on IAMEK and look forward to starting it soon. I originally planned on stitching it on Lakeside Linen's Vintage Light Examplar, but after seeing the threads I changed the fabric to LL's Vintage Sand Dune, 40 count. I think it will support the strong colors of the threads well, but once I start stitching it and see how they work together, I might still change my mind about which fabric to use. 

IAMEK Dated 1801, Scarlet Letter
Lakeside Linen, Vintage Sand Dune, 40 count
recommended AVAS threads
Happy New Year to you all!



5 comments:

Nicola said...

Oh Donna this is such a stunning sampler both in design and colour. I am soooo looking forward to seeing it grow.

Please can we have lots of close ups.

Elizabeth said...

This is a lovely choice Donna. I have just looked up IAMEK and I am fascinated by the symbolism used...so interesting. Looking forward to seeing how this develops - the colours are lovely.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Beautiful choice Dona!

Vera said...

Oh Don, this sampler is gorgeous. And, of course, it is another one that I had not noticed before. So, another one added to the wish list! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

This is a fabulous sampler!

Colors are scrumptious.
Love Lakeside Linens.