Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 19 December 2012

post for Sharon H



I thought I'd share my progress on Dorothy Walpole.  I've gotten a lot done this past week because I was felled by the despised Department Crud.  Thank goodness I got the form that is NOT the flu (thank goodness, thought there is a lot of that at work, too).  When you feel like you've been run over by a Mack Truck, the only thing to do is stitch! 

So, here she is. . .


Dorothy Walpole


All three alphabets are done as well as the top third of the border except for the leaves (yes, there are four in the top left corner, I had to see how they would look) - I went to bed instead. The cat was happy I made that choice.
I have enjoyed seeing everyone's progress and choices.  I don't know how much stitching will commence this week, start another rotation at work tonight and also have several pairs of baby booties to make for my church.  Will let you know. . .
In the meantime, I hope that each and every one of you has a very joyous holiday season and a Merry Christmas!
Sharon

15 comments:

Nicola said...

I do hope you are feeling better soon. One consolation - you have made amazing progress on Dorothy.

The colours are so beautiful.

Tatyana (tookie) said...

I'm sure your progress is amazing, but somehow I do not see the picture from any of my browsers((

Rachel said...

Congrats on the progress (hope you feel better!). I, too, am sure it is amazing...but I also can't see the picture.

Brenda in WI said...

I can't see it either. Frustrating. I am sure it is nice tho.

Nicola said...

I have reloaded the photo and will email those who have left comments. Sorry for that I do not know what went wrong as I can see in on my main computer.

Rachel said...

I was right! It is awesome!

Elizabeth said...

What a nice way to spend time when you are poorly. It is looking good. Hope you are feeling a wee bit better now.

Deb said...

I hope that you're feeling better soon. Wonderful progress on Dorothy!

Dona said...

Hope you feel much better soon! Nice progress on DW.

Mindi said...

Beautiful progress on Dorothy makes it almost worth coming down with the crud. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Nikki said...

Beautiful progress. I am stitching this one also, but have not made the progress you have. Aren't the colors lovely? Hope you feel better soon. sleeping with a warm cat IS nice though, isn't it??

Nikki

Krista said...

It is looking wonderful! I have seen so many lovely photos of Dorothy Walpole, she may have to move up higher on my list, very tempting!

Tatyana (tookie) said...

Nicola, thank you for reloading the photo! The start is gorgeous!
Looking at your work Sharon, I start regretting starting mine on white

Lanie said...

Hi Sharon! Hope you are now feeling better! Your Dorothy Walpole is lovely, she is such a pretty sampler.

Ellen said...

Gorgeous, can't wait to start mine!

Hugs,