Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

I have made my decision

I finally got my Scarlet Letter mail and my fabric delivered. These are the 3 charts that I bought, and have been trying to decide which one to begin stitching.




I have made a decision. I will begin with Dorothy Walpole. That is my favorite!!! I have chosen the fabric, 36ct linen in the color flax.







I think I will be using DMC cottons. I would love to try the AVAS silks, but just cannot spend that kind of money right now. I think it will be beautiful no matter the threads. I am hoping to get a start on it perhaps this weekend.

Nikki

7 comments:

ginnyt said...

I know, I love the silks too, but it gets expensive; I will use DMC on mine too

Gabi said...

Beautiful chart. Looking forward to see your Dorothy coming alive :)

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

I love your choices - on 36 count i think dmc is going to look just as lovely as silks - dmc has a shine to it too, just keep those lengths short : )

Nicola said...

Dorothy will look beautiful in DMC Nikki.

There is noting quite like the thrill of having a project all kitted up and putting in those first few stitches. Have fun and enjoy.

Elaine said...

You have a picked a great selection of sampler, looking forward to seeing your progress.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Great sampler choice.

The DMC will look fine.

Dona said...

Great choice, Nikki! It will beautiful in DMC threads.