Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Sunday, 30 December 2012

Hornbook Bestiary Started!

Santa brought me the Hornbook Bestiary kit and it's even more wonderful in person!  Just look at those juicy silks!


I started it on Christmas evening after the festivities died down and worked on it all the next day while Mother Nature dumped 6" of snow on us!  What a great way to spend the day, curled up in a blanket stitching.  Sweet bliss!

Here's where it stands at this point.  My honey says the angel looks like a flying monkey.  He's so silly!  I'm sure once the angel gets hair it won't look like that.

I decided to do some of the outlines first.  It reminds me of a coloring book.  I was inspired by Margaret's latest sampler to do it this way.  I'll go back and do the colors in a bit.

I'm working on 35ct. with AVAS silks!  I'm really enjoying the tent stitching on this one.  It's been a joy so far!

It's been fun seeing everyone's choices and updates too!  Happy New Year to everyone.

Lisa aka The Inspired Stitcher

11 comments:

Margaret said...

OOoooooh, nice! I'm so looking forward to watching your progress on this one! I want to stitch it too!

Miss Pants said...

Can't wait to see you coloring book get filled in!

Laurie in Iowa said...

You're off to a great start. Can't wait until you start coloring in the design.

Jon Lee said...

I love this sampler. The colors are so beautiful. I think the angel will look gorgeous when she is finished.

Elizabeth said...

I love this sampler too and I would like to do it one day. I am sure it will be beautiful when it is finished.

Nicola said...

I love the idea of a colouring book approach.

This is such an unique project to stitch.

Ellen said...

Hi Lisa

You've been busy....am anxious to follow your progress on this piece.

Tell your honey that it looks like the angel is hiding in a bunch of grapes.

Deb said...

That design looks like it's going to be so much fun to do!!

SonjaC said...

I'm having a real problem, I want to stitch everything I see. I think I will love that hornbook!!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

You are going to have a great time stitching this.
The stitching will seem to go a lot faster as you color it in.

We are going to have a great time watching your progress.

brod'attitude said...

I have started my hornbook bestiary too but you are faster than me. For the moment I stiched only the head of the angel.