Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 27 December 2012

Gratitude

Happy holidays to you all. Our son and his girlfriend made a very quick trip from California to have Christmas with us here in Arizona. We had our holiday meal and gift exchange on Christmas Eve since they had to fly back on Christmas evening. That left me with plenty of time to start Gratitude while sitting and talking with them Christmas day.

It started out as a quick stitch but I ran into a huge snag. Let me say I have learned that I H.A.T.E. the silk Gobelin that's in the kit! I thought it was because I needed more magnification (it's full crosses over 1 on 40 count), but the Gobelin is too bulky to stitch on such a high count.  I stitched and unstitched a huge portion twice before giving up with the silk in the kit. It looked like very poorly made knots where I had stitched.   I'll be substituting in another silk later this evening when I get to my LNS for our weekly stitch-in. So disappointing!

Other than that I know it's going to be a sweet design once finished. I've even started thinking about where I want to hang it ;)

1 comment:

Nicola said...

What a shame. I have no experience of using Gobelin so cannot help you.