Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 13 December 2012

A Post on behalf of Kim L


First I just want to thank  you ladies for assembling this stitch along.  What a great group of stitchers!  I cannot wait to see what everyone is stitching, it's going to be sooo beautiful!


A little about me...
My name is Kim (group: "Hi Kim")  and I'm a stitcher.  Pfew..I feel better.  :-P  All joking aside, we need a 12 step program.


I live in Greensboro, NC where I work as an archivist (part-time).  I am a full time wife to my husband David and full time mom to my 13 month old daughter  and dog Asta.  That makes me 2 1/2 times busy!  I just started stitching a few years ago when I took two needlepoint classes at my locally owned needlework store.  Before that I taught myself to crochet and needle tat as a way to relax during Grad School.  I am a member of the Piedmont Chapter of the EGA and the Piedmont Heritage Sampler Guild.


I have a very modest blog with some stitching, some baby, some doggy and some cooking.  


As for my project...I tend to like Quaker pieces a lot so I have chosen Damaris Underwood 1823.  It's a modest piece but I'm in the middle of Villages of Hawk Run Hollow and about to start the Beatrix Potter Quaker sampler.  I have ordered the chart, so I hope to start soon!


Happy Stitching and Happy Holidays!


- Kim (aka MissPants)

5 comments:

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Kim, I am so pleased that you will be stitching with us.

I hadn't seen Damaris before so had a look on the SL website. She is a beauty. Will you be adding the ribbon and rosettes?

Chris said...

Whoot! So glad that you are here Kim.
We are going to have some fun :)

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Awesome glad you joined us Kim - tell your husband we will give you back to him in a years time after all of this is over lol! look forward to your progress pics.

Miss Pants said...

Thanks for the welcome!

Not sure where the "H" came from, my last name starts with an "L".

Nicola-I haven't decided about the rosettes. I will probably wait to see once I have the pattern in my hands.

Deanna Chavez said...

Hi Kim! Where do you work as an archivist? I work with a bunch of them (I'm a rare book cataloger). :)