Header Photo

Header Photo
American Quaker Sampler stitched by Krista

Translate

Thursday, 27 December 2012

Earlier Scarlet Letter work and another Coraggio!

The first sampler I ever completed was Eunice Birchard, and I don't even remember when that was.


I started Susanna Lane, also years ago and probably on the recommended 25-count fabric, but since I have discovered the joys (and the beautiful look) of working on smaller count fabrics, I'll start her over one day. I've always loved the bizarre little alien-looking flowers in the border.


And now on to Coraggio! I was so happy to get the package from Scarlet Letter on Christmas Eve, and I just had a chance to sit down and look at it more closely today. I ordered the kit with silk threads. I have a large stash of charts, but I usually buy fabric and threads to go with specific projects so I don't have an extensive fabric or threads stash. This will also be my first project in silks and I am really looking forward to it. I've been so sheltered!


I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts and looking at all the beautiful project starts and progress and even finishes. I hope everyone has a peaceful new year and plenty of time for stitching through all of 2013.

2 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Looks lovely already!

Nicola said...

You are so going to enjoy using silks.